SymSoft Solutions is a Digital Experience and Web Development company based in Sacramento. We specialize in designing engaging Digital Experiences and then bringing them to life by implementing enterprise scale Web Content Management systems, data visualizations, and rich interactive applications, providing personalized user experiences that make a difference in people's lives. Please visit our website (http://www.symsoftsolutions.com) to learn about our projects and services.
We have an immediate need for a DevOps Engineer with experience bringing the industry's best practices to the company and our customers.
We are looking for a full time and permanent employee that is willing to relocate to Sacramento, CA.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of infrastructure design and architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Cloud services, IaaS/SaaS/PaaS
- Minimum 3 years in a customer facing role
- Demonstrated focus on automation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems problems quickly with little technical guidance
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to peers, senior management, and other non-technical personnel
- Experience with Web server farms, load balancing, and high availability technologies
- Strong knowledge of SSL Certificates and Certificates Management
- Understanding application layer protocols, (HTTP, SOAP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Networking fundamentals TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load Balanacers, DMZ's and routing and switching protocols
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Route53, Lambda, RDS. and Windows Azure equivalents
- Hands-on experience creating build scripts and/or deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with CMS platforms, including Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress, AEM or similar
- Experience supporting .NET and Sitecore based applications; with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Identify opportunities for automation and consistency, and implement solutions using automation and configuration management
- Review existing operations and provide recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant systems
- Create and maintain cloud environments for our clients on AWS and Azure
- Perform capacity planning strategies to ensure systems availability and functionality.
- Plan and execute the deployment of applications with a variety of technology stacks and infrastructure providers
- Document technology plans and implementation to facilitate the efficient support of the environment
- Leverage hands-on engineering skills to maintain customers solutions and fixing critical issues and ensure high availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Competitive compensation and benefits that include health and dental coverage, life insurance, paid time off and holidays
- Complimentary snacks, soft drinks, teas, and coffees
- Cool projects that will get attention
- Free access to a local gym